1. Hosea 2:6-11 therefore I will hedge up her way with thorns and I will build a wall against her so that she could not find her paths.
2. Obadiah 1:7-9 all your allies have deceived you they have driven you to the Border you're confederates traits have prevailed against you your trust friends have set a trap under you there is no understanding of it.
3. Amos 8:11 behold the days are coming says the Lord God when I will send a famine on the land not a famine of bread nor a thirst for water but of hearing the word of the Lord they shall Wander from sea to Sea and from North to East they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord but they shall not find it
4. Isaiah 28:12-13 To whom he has said this is rest give rest to the weary and this is Repose yet they would not hear therefore the word of the Lord will be to them precept upon precept precept upon precept line upon line line upon line here a little there a little they may go and fall backward and be broken ensnared and taken.
5. Isaiah 8:14 14 He will be as a sanctuary, But a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense To both the houses of Israel, As a trap and a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
6. Jeremiah 6:16-19 16 Thus says the Lord: "Stand in the ways and see, And ask for the old paths, where the good way is, And walk in it; Then you will find rest for your souls. But they said, 'We will not walk in it.' 17 Also, I set watchmen over you, saying, 'Listen to the sound of the trumpet!' But they said, 'We will not listen.' 18 Therefore hear, you nations, And know, O congregation, what is among them. 19 Hear, O earth! Behold, I will certainly bring calamity on this people-- The fruit of their thoughts, Because they have not heeded My words, Nor My law, but rejected it.
7. Isaiah 6:8-13 8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” 9 He said, “Go and tell this people: “ ‘Be ever hearing, but never understanding; be ever seeing, but never perceiving.’ 10 Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes.Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.” 11 Then I said, “For how long, Lord?” And he answered: “Until the cities lie ruined and without inhabitant, until the houses are left deserted and the fields ruined and ravaged, 12 until the LORD has sent everyone far away and the land is utterly forsaken. 13 And though a tenth remains in the land, it will again be laid waste. But as the terebinth and oak leave stumps when they are cut down, so the holy seed will be the stump in the land.”
8. Matthew 18:7 7 Woe to the world, for causes of stumbling; for it is need that causes of stumbling come; nevertheless woe to that man by whom a cause of stumbling cometh.
9. Matthew 21:42-45 42 Jesus saith to them, Read ye never in scriptures, The stone which the builders reproved, this is made into the head of the corner? Of the Lord this thing is done, and it is marvelous in our eyes. 43 Therefore I say to you, that the kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and shall be given to a folk doing [the] fruits of it. [+Therefore I say to you, for the kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and it shall be given to a folk doing the fruits thereof.] 44 And he that shall fall on this stone, shall be broken; but on whom it shall fall, it shall bruise him all to pieces [it shall pound him all to pieces]. 45 And when the princes of priests and [the] Pharisees had heard his parables, they knew that he [had] said of them.
10. 1 John 2:10 10 He that loveth his brother, dwelleth in light, and cause of stumbling is not in him [and offence is not in him].
11. Psalm 119:165 165 Much peace is to them that love thy law; and no cause of stumbling is to them.
12. Jeremiah 6:21 21 Therefore this is what the LORD says: “I will put obstacles before this people. Parents and children alike will stumble over them; neighbors and friends will perish.
13. Isaiah 57:14 And shall say, Cast ye up, cast ye up, prepare the way, take up the stumblingblock out of the way of my people.
Bad reverse meaning Stumbling Block, saying our Saviour is that stumbling block but actually it was Paul to be the stumbling block to the people's, children's children who were to be punished for disobeying the laws .
32Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone.
33 As it is written: “See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who believes in him will never be put to shame.”
1 Corinthians 1:23 23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock*, and unto the Greeks foolishness;